5G Student Battle
It is no longer possible to register for the 5G Student Battle. It is however possible to attend the final on 24 March. More information follows!
5G Student Battle - 23 and 24 March 2019
During the weekend of 23 and 24 March we are organising a unique event - the 5G Student Battle. For two days you will work on solutions for the future that use 5G. The event will take place in the Energy Barn at Zernike, Groningen.
5G = the latest generation of mobile internet
5G is the latest generation of mobile communication and the successor of 4G. 5G is much faster, can send much more data, is more reliable and ensures a longer battery life at the same time. The delays in the network are much, much shorter. New applications, such as virtual reality and the Internet of Things, become possible with the much faster data speeds of 5G. Read more about the characteristics of 5G.
The 5G Student Battle is intended for students who are interested in the technology behind 5G, in solutions with 5G or in the user side. The 5G Student Battle is not just intended for students from technical courses, but also for students with an affinity for design, the use of new technology, business administration or business acumen. Read more...
The winning team wins an advanced drone with HD camera for each team member, including an afternoon of instruction.
Unique look behind the scenes
Each team can spend a day shadowing in the lab of one of our 5Groningen partners AT, SURF, Vodafone, Ericsson, KPN, Huawei or TNO.
Public’s prize of €5,000
The public at the 5G Student Battle will distribute €5,000 amongst the participating teams.
Each participant receives an official certificate of participation.
Which theme do you prefer?
Participants in the 5G Student Battle work in a team on a solution within one of the themes (see also the left menu). On your registration form you can state your theme of preference.
- You can register up to 18 January 2019 by using the form on this page.
- You can register individually or together with another student; this is taken into account when the teams are created. Remember, the person with whom you register should register himself or herself with the registration form on this website.
- In January you will receive an invitation for a selection and introduction meeting.
- Shortly after the meeting, you will hear whether you are selected for the 5G Student Battle. We have places for 36 students.
- The 5G Student Battle is on 23 and 24 March!